Topic-icon When one or both blinds sit out..

More
26 Aug 2012 15:14 - 26 Aug 2012 15:16 #11077 by MaverNick
MaverNick created the topic: When one or both blinds sit out..
Pokerth does not follow the rule of the "dead button" when a blind sits out, so it can happen that a player doesn't put a blind for that round..
Why this choice?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KYFHO, Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2016 16:51 #33238 by KYFHO
KYFHO replied.
Bumping.
Is this issue being addressed in the re-write of the software?

If a player has lost connection, his cards should be folded, even if he has to go all in. Not seated at the table, cards are folded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2016 21:07 #33378 by lorddune
lorddune replied.

KYFHO wrote: Bumping.
Is this issue being addressed in the re-write of the software?

If a player has lost connection, his cards should be folded, even if he has to go all in. Not seated at the table, cards are folded.


Technically, you'd be wrong. If you play in a casino and walk out of the room when they are dealing to you in the BB or SB, you are not forced to fold as you suggest.

As long as the player gets back to his seat to act upon a raise or to call, it's 100% legal to leave the table. Poor etiquette yes, illegal no.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emmeler, Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2016 21:16 #33379 by lorddune
lorddune replied.

MaverNick wrote: Pokerth does not follow the rule of the "dead button" when a blind sits out, so it can happen that a player doesn't put a blind for that round..
Why this choice?


They would need a dead hand for the button to be placed upon. My guess is it's a coding nightmare on how to accomplish that task after a player is eliminated. So they opted for a "Moving Button" instead. The button always moves forward to the next player and the blinds adjust accordingly. I've played in live games that used this rule as well, it's not always a "dead button" world in Hold 'Em despite what you think Bart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spadefinger, Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2016 21:22 #33448 by KYFHO
KYFHO replied.
Thank you for telling me I was wrong. I guess the casinos I go to have it wrong, please tell the poker rooms they are incorrect, I am sure they would like to know and like hearing you telling them they are incorrect. At the casinos I have been to if you are not SITTING in the seat at the first card hits the SB the missing player's cards are folded.
You can not miss a blind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2016 06:37 #33469 by lorddune
lorddune replied.

KYFHO wrote: Thank you for telling me I was wrong. I guess the casinos I go to have it wrong, please tell the poker rooms they are incorrect, I am sure they would like to know and like hearing you telling them they are incorrect. At the casinos I have been to if you are not SITTING in the seat at the first card hits the SB the missing player's cards are folded.
You can not miss a blind.


Apparently you've yet to play any tournament Hold 'Em in your entire life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Champions of

PokerTH - live

The PokerTH spectator tool.

Member Login

 advert
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information

We use cookies to personalize content and ads to offer features for social media and analyze the number of hits on our website. We also provide information about your use of our website to our partner for social media, advertising and analysis on.
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/