Topic-icon Poker shuffle

More
12 Oct 2018 17:30 #41766 by herbie643
herbie643 created the topic: Poker shuffle
I was on here over a year ago and mentioned that the shuffle is really kinda messed up.
For one thing there are wayyyyy too many Straights and Flushes.
I have seen, all too frequently, a player have 1 card of a straight and then fill that straight and it occurs a bit too often to be realistic.
Face cards, omg, if you see a King or Queen or even an Ace on board and you don't have one, look out, you have good chance of losing that hand.
There are only 12 face cards and 4 Aces but geez, they sure show up with a rather uncommon frequency.
Now I know someone will say, I have seen that in Poker, but those scenarios show up way to often. The scenario is too often occurring.
Everytime I see an update to Pokerth, I think maybe the shuffle has been updated, but no, same ol' same ol'.
Just my $.02 .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 13:19 #41846 by NextName
NextName replied.
Hi herbie,

what do you expect: developers now spending the time analyzing the code/seed system based on your feeling?
If I was one of them, I'd say do it yoursel ... :-)
That, or bring a bit more to the table than a feeling. You have your logs, feel free to analyze em ...

my2ยข
NextName
The following user(s) said Thank You: boehmi, Ghost__

More
22 Oct 2018 20:17 #41850 by herbie643
herbie643 replied.
That seems to be the standard answer, fix it yourself. IT is not my job, it is the job of the developer to create a program that works, not mine.
I wouldn't call it a bug but it seems that shuffle is A FUCKING MESS.
How else to explain multiple Full House's in once had, the same with the Flush.

Why, because the shuffle is fucked up, plain and simple. Play the game and see for yourself and if you get different results then it must be my computer, lol.

More
23 Oct 2018 16:29 - 23 Oct 2018 17:40 #41857 by boehmi
boehmi replied.
If you had read Nextname's post til the end, you would have read that he suggested to provide log files which could be analyzed. Random shuffles don't mean that certain patterns like clustering of full houses and flushes can't occur in the short term.

How many games did you actually play on PokerTH to be able to make a statement about the RNG? According to https://www.pokerth.net/component/pthranking/?view=pthranking&layout=profile&userid=24934 you didn't play a single ranking game.

Secondly, your tone is completely out of place here. There are no paid developers here. We are all volunteers who work on it in our spare time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emmeler, knackers, Ghost__, sp0ck, Ingolf17, tahr, blazerbob57, Claudia40

More
30 Oct 2018 05:08 #41911 by knackers
knackers replied.
Even if the shuffle is a little swayed, its a hell of a lot of FUN. Go with the flow and enjoy......It doesnt cost you anything to play. You should bow to the developers for all their hard unpaid effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boehmi, Ghost__, sp0ck

More
01 Nov 2018 21:36 - 01 Nov 2018 21:37 #41936 by herbie643
herbie643 replied.
A little swayed. Yeah right.
There are 12 face cards and over 90% of the time there are at least 4 showing on the flop.
Oh yeah, have 2 cards for a straight, just wait, it'll fill about 20-30% of the time.
Straights in general are so common as to be a joke.
Full house, wwayyyyyyyyyy too prevalent.
No way to enjoy unless you are a masochist.
So yes, the shuffle is the ONLY THING wrong with the game.
I repeat, the shuffle is the ONLY thing wrong with the game. Otherwise, the graphics, animation are superb.

Champions of

PokerTH - live

The PokerTH spectator tool.

Member Login

advert
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information

We use cookies to personalize content and ads to offer features for social media and analyze the number of hits on our website. We also provide information about your use of our website to our partner for social media, advertising and analysis on.
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/