Topic-icon Internet game connection denied

More
13 Nov 2018 16:27 #42065 by Joulupukki
Joulupukki created the topic: Internet game connection denied
Hi. I created a new game account. I have 2 Windows computers.
I could login to online games from the 1st computer with my login and password, but after I log out I can't log in to online game from my 2nd computer (these Windows PCs are in different networks / different Internet IP addresses). And after I tried to log in on my second computer, I can't login to the games on my first computer. And the cycle repeats.

The messages are: "Invalid login. Please check your username and password" or "You cannot login at this time. Please try again in a few seconds". These messages are at 80% connection to server, and have about 50% chance to be one or the other message.

I guess the game server holds the IP address of the user for some time and prevents the same user to connect from a different IP address. I waited roughly 20 hours before trying to login from any of my computers. Then I now tried to go online from my second PC, and it won't let me connect - wrong password (although I'm sure it's correct). Then I tried to go online from my 1st PC, and I cannot again because presumably I already tried to connect from the 2nd computer and I need to wait a few seconds (in fact 20 hours was not enough).

I'm locked out from the online games. Please help to resolve the issues.
I remember I had the same issue a couple of years ago, but I don't seem to remember how I solved it.

If not possible to work on 2 PCs, then I could be okay with playing on only one PC. However, as I just tried, the game doesn't let me connect. I used PokerTH 1.1.1.

Thanks,
Joulupukki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2018 19:31 - 13 Nov 2018 19:33 #42066 by sp0ck
sp0ck replied.
Hi Joulupukki,

there is a timeout for login from same IP. Make it a minute and it should work.

"Invalid login. Please check your username and password"
Is for sure wrong username password combination.

"You cannot login at this time. Please try again in a few seconds"
... is the timeout issue mentioned above.

Regards,

sp0ck

More
14 Nov 2018 15:52 #42087 by sp0ck
sp0ck replied.
If not possible to work on 2 PCs, then I could be okay with playing on only one PC. However, as I just tried, the game doesn't let me connect. I used PokerTH 1.1.1.

I'm wondering if you mean to play on two machines with the same user?

More
14 Nov 2018 16:59 #42088 by Joulupukki
Joulupukki replied.
Hi sp0ck,

Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate it.
No, I wasn't trying to create a new account for cheating (?, email had your pre-edited reply).
I created a new account for a friend who didn't know how to set it up. I logged in with his credentials on my computer to make sure it worked, and I could log in. So i told him that the account is ready to go. When he tried to login, the errors occurred (described in my 1st post) and he couldn't connect online.
Once he tried to log in from his PC, I couldn't log in from my pc either, even though 5 mins before there was no issues for me. We still can't login after 2 days.

I created a new account and send him the new login and password so that he could log in first (this time I haven't used his account on my PC). I'll post if it works.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__, sp0ck

More
14 Nov 2018 17:45 - 14 Nov 2018 17:51 #42089 by Joulupukki
Joulupukki replied.
My friend just got back to me, and he said that he was able to connect to the online games. Seems there was no issues if I didn't log in to his account from my computer first.

Thanks! We can now close this issue. The workaround worked.

Edit: just want to clarify that he could log in with his new account and password (which I sent earlier today). The previous account won't let him log in.

-Joulupukki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__, sp0ck

More
14 Nov 2018 18:30 #42090 by sp0ck
sp0ck replied.
Enjoy then :)

Champions of

PokerTH - live

The PokerTH spectator tool.

Member Login

advert
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information

We use cookies to personalize content and ads to offer features for social media and analyze the number of hits on our website. We also provide information about your use of our website to our partner for social media, advertising and analysis on.
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/