Topic-icon Players exiting the game voluntarily and then reentering

More
13 Jun 2018 12:15 #40854 by Barone
Barone created the topic: Players exiting the game voluntarily and then reentering
I can't understand why many players are exiting voluntarily clicking on the X button of the interface and then reentering, i find this behaviour deceitful, if anyone wants to exit shoul click the LOBBY button and leave the game or there is a trick doing it? So i'd like to ask to remove the X button from the interface in the next version if there'll be one.
I also noticed that the time given to disconnected players is too long , probably 2 or3 hands should be enough to reenter many points are subtracted this way to players that play a normal game and awarded to those that aren't at the table anymore. Bye
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2018 16:07 - 13 Jun 2018 16:16 #40855 by sp0ck
sp0ck replied.
Hi Baron,

thx for your opinion.

Allow me a question:

How do you know, that players clicked on the "X" button (in order to re-enter the game)? For me it doesn't make any sense at all, quitting the game in order to re-enter the game. Are you sure it's not just a real "disconnect"???

Regarding the time you have in order to re-enter the game:

If you have a PC Crash while being only admin in a bbc game for example, it's really good to have more than 1-2 minutes to re-enter the game. Why reducing that period? Any reason which has a serious advantage to all players?

Kind regards,

sp0ck
The following user(s) said Thank You: boehmi, Ghost__, tahr

More
13 Jun 2018 20:27 #40856 by Barone
Barone replied.
Thanks for answering Sp0ck,
first of all i've noticed this thing myself and nobody has ever been complaining about connections, then few days ago i assisted at a chat in a game were there was a player explaining step by step to a newplayer how to proceed to get better cards from the server in case they weren't good during the game....is not a big thing I know but why to do this? Anyway to eliminate the X button can't do any harm, if someone want to exit the table can hit the lobby button and go out of the room.
Regarding the ghost players with some chips.....they should be awarded no points at all, but in fact stay on for long time as ghosts till all their chips are used, in the meantime other losing players go out getting less points than the ghosts. It happened to me once , a player left for some reason after he (she) had won a couple of hands at the start and was left as a ghost with a stack of 30 somethin thousands well the ghost was there until me and another player were fighting to win, i lost and got 10 points the ghost still there got 16 points....is this fair?.....hope is clear enough what i mean , Bye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__

More
14 Jun 2018 11:46 - 14 Jun 2018 11:57 #40865 by tahr
tahr replied.
Hi Barone,

I wouldn't dare to say it's fair, but it's how poker rooms work.
You always have the chance to sit out of you table for a while. In that case you are not retired from game. You have to put blinds when it'd be your turn. It'd be like you fold to every hand. You can return to game or let your chips go away. In the meantime there are other players that might be eliminated, and your final position (and possible reward) is the one in which you are eliminated from the game, and not when you decided to sit out.

Barone wrote: there was a player explaining step by step to a newplayer how to proceed to get better cards from the server

I guess this is not true. You can't change server behavior from your client. Shuffle process is performed in server, and it does not depend on anything else than the 52 cards of the deck. Once cards are shuffled, those cards are dealt in the same way any other poker game does: one by one, starting from small blind, clockwise direction. Pocket cards are sent to each player encrypted.
There is no way to condition from client the cards you get.
Nevertheless, if you have any evidence about it, please tell us.

Just one more comment:
The amount of time you have to reconnect does not depend on the number of hands played. It's an absolute time, that depends on action time defined for certain game. For example, people usually sets 5s for action time in Ranking games. In that case, you have 5min to reconnect if you lost connection.

Please, feel free to ask any other question or give us your point of view. We really appreciate it, although we might not always agree.

Regards,
tahr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__, sp0ck

Champions of

PokerTH - live

The PokerTH spectator tool.

Member Login

advert
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information

We use cookies to personalize content and ads to offer features for social media and analyze the number of hits on our website. We also provide information about your use of our website to our partner for social media, advertising and analysis on.
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/