• 98s
  • 98s's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Jun 2018 18:11 #40919 by 98s
98s replied.
@boehmi, sp0ck

let's do 1 experiment:

you have access to the database (backup) so that you can easily calculate the ranking of your new formula and my proposed formula. it will be interesting to see the top 20 players ranked in the 2 different formulas. then we can compare and analyze results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2018 11:13 #41199 by KaderLoth
KaderLoth replied.
When my post was so unqualified, then why does rank still rewards folders with high places? Why does it still ignore elimination score? Why does it still ignore the ratio of hands played and won?
Even blinded persons would see, that this rank is biased. And as I said it will not be changed ever. So it is not me who is unqualified. It's more the rank itself and their creators. All you do is hate on me, only cause I don't fake a smile and shut my mouth about this unfair and unqualified rank. You should ask yourself why you are so unwilling to improve the rank and make it more fair.

I am best!

More
07 Aug 2018 23:01 #41251 by NextName
NextName replied.
Folding is the single most important move in a 10 Player sit'n'go, that's for sure.
I have my issues with the ranking algorithm, as it rewards the middle finnishing ranks. In real life, anything below 3rd or Maybe 4th place just does not pay out anything, so it's immaterial if you end up 6th or 10th.

But we all can imagine what happened if ranking really only gave points for place 1-3. Freaks would Play even more aggro, and who wants that .. :-)

Other than that, well, "c'est le ton qui fait la musique" …

my 2cents
NextName
The following user(s) said Thank You: boehmi

Champions of

PokerTH - live

The PokerTH spectator tool.

Member Login

advert
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information

We use cookies to personalize content and ads to offer features for social media and analyze the number of hits on our website. We also provide information about your use of our website to our partner for social media, advertising and analysis on.
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/