Topic-icon WEC Monthly and Yearly Grand Finals part II

More
17 Jan 2017 21:19 #35928 by hargreaves
hargreaves replied.

Emmeler wrote: 'WeC Grand Semi-Final will be played on Sunday 22nd January 10 pm CET' is no option.

Thank you Emmeler for your solidarity! I really appreciate it!
I would also prefer a Yearly final with all players on the table but as M4N!4C already mentioned… it is not easy (maybe impossible) to find a matching date for all 16 qualified players.

M4N!4C wrote: Nobody asked if Grand Semi-Finals could be postponed, the only request I see is win me??

For me there was no reason to ask this. You scheduled a doodle poll and choose the date were most of the players are able to play. Makes absolutely sense to me and I have to accept this.

Surely, i would prefer a date where I could also play :P , but it is really no problem if i can’t play the yearly final. I guess I would survive. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emmeler, boehmi, Ghost__

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2017 02:19 - 18 Jan 2017 02:55 #35935 by G4Zi
G4Zi replied.
First of all: Thanks M4N!4C for organizing the finals. I think that this is not an easy job.

Second: I recommend to postpone the final. Everybody should at least have the opportunity to participate the semi final tables. Personally, this is more important to me than playing the grand final as early as possible in the year.

Third: I would like to make the following suggestion:
Since there are two semi final tables, why don't we play them on two separate days? However this would require a manual (i.e. non randomized) seeding of the tables (which I wouldn't mind).

For Example:
Semi Table 1, Sunday Jan 22, 22:00 --> 827, Victor_mpt, boehmi, Emmeler, urbankarl, Kleinvieh, hotte, Bab
Semi Table 2, Friday Feb 17 , 20:00 --> win me??, Ingolf17, dmi3ij, hargreaves, GAVIOES, G4Zi, midzer(?), Lizard1

According to the doodle result, the Table 1 on Sunday Feb 12 and Table 2 on Friday Feb 17 should also be fine.

We can still find a date for the grand final after the semis. This should be easier with 10 participants only.

What do you think?

Regards,
G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emmeler, boehmi, dmi3ij, Ghost__

More
18 Jan 2017 17:05 #35937 by M4N!4C
M4N!4C replied.
I’m aware that 75% of the players are available on each table on differed days. For T1 it’s 22nd January for T2 its the 19th February. Unlucky my LibreOffice decided to crash before I could take a screenshot or save any progress.
Unfortunately playing on two separate days doesn’t work to well. Because 5 monthly winners and 3 Top 10 players are on each table. Its impossible to keep this relation if the SF tables are not played at the same time and there will be something to tweak as usual.

Concerning your request of re rolling of the lottery I have to deny. I always do it for once except for some errors that can happen like doubled or butchered names.

There is also something that might hinder a flawless execution of the organization of the GF 2016...

Time zones of all participants of the Grand Final 2016

IRST (UTC+3,5): win me??
EET (UTC+2): dmi3ij
CET (UTC+1): 827, Emmeler, hargreaves, hotte, Ingolf17, Kleinvieh, Lizard1, midzer and Victor_mpt
GMT: boehmi (as far as I can remember he lives in the UK)
BRT (UTC-3): Bab, GAVIOES and urbankarl

G4Zi, you never told us were you are from (which I don’t mind tbh), so we might have 6 different time zone to handle. Just put in to perspective when GAVIOES starts eating his lunch, Emmeler is having some coffee or tea and a peace of poppy seed cake and win me?? probably finishing his dinner. :-)

on the next post I explain how we could proceed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmi3ij, Ghost__, LiLaLux, G4Zi

More
18 Jan 2017 17:11 - 18 Jan 2017 17:12 #35938 by M4N!4C
M4N!4C replied.
Unlikely I didn’t had too much luck when I gave an open schedule so I have to give you some deadlines.

22nd January 10 pm CET

If there are 12 (75% of all participants) present both Semi-Final games will be played.
If there is one table with at least 6 players (also 75% of participants) the table will be played.

12th February 10 pm, 17th February 8pm and 10 pm

These are possible dates for the table the missing table or both Semi-Finals. If there are 12 (75% of all participants) present both Semi-Final games will be played.
If there is one table with at least 6 players (also 75% of participants) the table will be played.

19th February 10 pm CET

Last possible date for the Semi-Finals both tables will be played regardless how many participants are present. If there are only 10 or fewer players it’s the finals instead.

If there are 12 to 16 players present the Top 5 players of each table advancing to the Final table. If there are only 11 players the Top 4 of each table advances.

26th February 10 pm CET

The last date for the Grand Finals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__, LiLaLux, G4Zi

More
18 Jan 2017 18:23 - 18 Jan 2017 18:26 #35939 by G4Zi
G4Zi replied.
Hi M4N!4C,

thanks for your reply. Here are some comments. Please don't take it personal, this is only my opinion.

M4N!4C wrote: Unfortunately playing on two separate days doesn’t work to well. Because 5 monthly winners and 3 Top 10 players are on each table. Its impossible to keep this relation if the SF tables are not played at the same time

Do we really have to make sure that exactly x monthly winners + y top 10 players are on each table? I doubt that anybody does care. In fact, the upcoming WEC Champion should be able to win any table constellation. I know that this is to give anyone a fair chance. But I think that it is more fair to give everybody the chance to participate at the SF.

M4N!4C wrote: Concerning your request of re rolling of the lottery I have to deny. I always do it for once except for some errors that can happen like doubled or butchered names

I am not saying you need to re roll the lottery. I am saying that we don't need the lottery. The table seeding should be based on availability of the participants.

M4N!4C wrote: There is also something that might hinder a flawless execution of the organization of the GF 2016...Time zones of all participants of the Grand Final 2016

I don't get the point. Apparently everyone of the finalists was able to regularly join WEC games which are always scheduled either 20.00 or 22.00 CET.

M4N!4C wrote: 26th February 10 pm CET. The last date for the Grand Finals

Where does this deadline come from and what is it useful for? Why don't we focus on the SF first and then decide later when to play the final?

Regards,
G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emmeler, win me??, hargreaves, Ghost__, LiLaLux

More
18 Jan 2017 19:09 #35941 by win me??
win me?? replied.
hihi again
yes , all should say thx to maniac for his effort at first . this is a true : WECUP IS ALIVE because emmeler and maniac work hard and probar so much for it .

i like G4Zi proposals for this grand final and i am agree with him BUT :
PLZ let maniac and emmeler decide for it at the end .

really wecup need to admin board : we sense it now more than every time ....
wecup cannot find new players !!! wecup need to new rules for finals and ........

AND this is why i told it in my post :
WE SHOULD RESPECT MORE TO RANKING TABLE INSTEAD FINAL GAMES .
MY IDEA : WE need wecup with 2 winner of year ::::
1-THE FIRST WIINER OF WECUP AT YEAR = the best player at ranking table .
1- THE SECOND WINNER OF WECUP would be specified like 2016 .

and my idea for monthly finals ::::
10 players that are played more than 7 game and have the best ranking can play at final . (one final is enough , no need to semi final) . and at the end of year :
10 fist player at ranking + 10 winner of monthes GO to semifinal AND 5 player from every table go to yearly final .

GL FOR PLAYERS AT FINAL OF 2016 .
best regards :
win me?? .

WIN ME??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost__, LiLaLux

Champions of

PokerTH - live

The PokerTH spectator tool.

Member Login

advert
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information

We use cookies to personalize content and ads to offer features for social media and analyze the number of hits on our website. We also provide information about your use of our website to our partner for social media, advertising and analysis on.
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/