Break

Tell us what do you like to have in PokerTH
Olevak

Hi there!

We ve used the game this weekend for the first time and we thought it would be helpfull if we can pause the game. Is there any possibiliity that this can be added?

Cheers
Olevak
sp0ck

Hi Olevak,

welcome to PokerTH 😀

Maybe you can set the PlayerAction-Time for a game to zero - but I'm not sure if it results in the desired effect.

The client itself allows breaks in local games - but not for LAN games.

Kind regards,
sp0ck
Bomber

Hi sp0ck,

thank you for your reply.
I played with Olevak and some friends at saturday and we searched the feature to put the game on pause but couldn`t find anything like that.
Unfortunately, you can't set the time for the player action to zero either. Five seconds is the minimum.

If the creator of the game could set the game on pause, PokerTH would be really awesome.
sp0ck

No way - server is not designed for breaks. Imagine a bunch of players pausing a game - and the server has to keep them all up and running. No option.

Also, how to measure it? Invite game only offering breaks? I'd propose a change in LAN games then. You can all join to a LAN game, do you?
Bomber

Yes, I already thought so. Everyone can take part in LAN games.
sp0ck

I will think of it. Apologies if it takes long or won't even be solved. Coder Team is pretty low in persons. Next great step is an html5 cross-browser client. But you know - it's open-source.
Bomber

Thank you! :-)
PokerTH is awesome even without the opportunity to pause the game. But for a Tournament with Friends it would be a nice feature.

Cheers
Olevak

Thanks Sp0ck for the fast reply here. Really appreciate that.

As Bomber said you ve brought an awesome possibility here to play Poker online with friends. Its even more important during the pandemic.
joe4135

sp0ck wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:40 pm No way - server is not designed for breaks. ...
Ye, unless ingolf damages the server. :D
Could be my question, but wasnt.
Im still missing fire extinguishers in da lobby and ashtrays on tables.
Beside that: @sp0ck: you notoriously park y 17yo golf on the disabled parking spot. This one is reserved for my bentley!
BarbaB

When new html5 client is ready and deployed, then we can probably go and think how to improve player experience.
Features like pausing the game for the limited time and ability to save and resume game at some later (again limited time) would be nice to have.
I personally struggle sometimes when I'd need a bio brake and can't afford it at least in 2nd half of the game - auto check / auto fold doesn't do good enough.
IMO before anything mentioned is added to the system, a new client is needed as these changes require client side change too. Even building client application is challenging to me (I'm former C++ developer)...
First and foremost I'm a sailor :evil: :evil: