Freezing or capping the blinds

Tell us what do you like to have in PokerTH
Windows_Blows

Just my 2 cents but either putting a cap on the blinds, at say 3.2k-6.4k(<-- this is actually very high still, most poker strategy is talking about 50BBs as an average stack, so getting to heads up if we assume both players are even, or close, at 50k blinds would need to stop sooner at 800-1.6k,idk maybe just a different blind structure altogether would be better, and this idea is stupid) or just freezing them when it gets heads up would make for a more enjoyable heads up play, it generally just turns into a crap shoot when the blinds keep jumping over that and players cant really play at each other heads up cause each bet is a huge part of your stacks. It would leave more tables open heads up for longer so that could be a problem, anyway as i said just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Windows_Blows on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
boehmi

You can create your own games with your own blind settings in the client settings under "Network Game".
Windows_Blows

i was refering to the ranked games which mostly are what people are playing, shoulda said that in the original post
dummy

Is there any chance of reconsidering this idea for the new season? Freezing ranking game big blinds at 3,200 would be a small change. It would shift the balance towards skill and away from luck a little at the end of games, which I think would be a good thing. If it has a negative effect on games it could be changed back the following season.