Has playing PokerTH made you a better, or worse poker player?

General PokerTH Issues
Sterling800

I was wondering if people playing Poker TH online think, they have become a better player cause of it or actually become a worse player? and maybe a reason why.
bonobo

I would say I've become a better player. Mostly I presume from playing people who are better than me. Second, I've developed my patience because its unavoidable that you'll have to deal with some donks here but they can be dangerous if you get too impatient.
The absence of evidence ...is indeed evidence of absence!
Sterling800

I agree patience is a good lesson to learn on this site.
I definitely like that I can try different playstyles and strategies for free on here.
Arianna

Sterling800 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:52 pm I was wondering if people playing Poker TH online think, they have become a better player cause of it or actually become a worse player? and maybe a reason why.

Definitely better for those, like me, who were not used to play against many dispassionate players who call or "squeeze" any raise with weak cards. This is what I learned on PokerTH, but it is equally annoying to see yourself beaten by this type of player when you play in position and with excellent cards (AA, KK etc.) and therefore the second lesson I learned is not to play at all for a while when those type of events occour too many times in sequence (not only because enthropy matters but also, to cut a long story short, due to a question of respect and good manners at the table: I usually don't call any raise with "rags" in my pocket :-) ). Hope I've been of help. Best regards.

Arianna
Randagino

Play for fun and experiment with. No real money, no use of HUDs and no rake or stake notions by most players drives the game in other ways you expect. Said that I feel no better or worse player, PokerTH is just a particular game mode where you can learn things from skilled players and teach others to newbies.

Bye
Last edited by Randagino on Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.