Problem to Login

General PokerTH Issues
Harlock47

Hello everyone
I encountered a login problem, basically after registering on the portal and confirming via email that the account created is active, but when I try to log in to the game software, I am rejected with the reason "Access denied / Check Username and password". I tried logging in using the nickname, or using the email, with the same password as the portal account, but there was nothing to do! Can you help me?
boehmi

please reset your password here

app.php/user/forgot_password

Please make sure that JavaScript is not blocked. After this, your game account should work.
DenyBoy228

I have same problem but nothing works even after reseting my password
boehmi

Please retry with a different browser or on a different PC. It's definitely something on your end blocking our JavaScript. It also could be your antivirus.
mariobrega71

same problem , with:

- first nb with ubuntu 16.04
- second nb with windows 10 in dual boot
- second nb with ubuntu 22.04
- tablet with android
boehmi

mariobrega71 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:49 am same problem , with:

- first nb with ubuntu 16.04
- second nb with windows 10 in dual boot
- second nb with ubuntu 22.04
- tablet with android
I just created a new user and everything worked. I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 with FF 117.0.1. I even left uBlock Origin enabled and it worked since it only blocks 3rd party scripts.

Can you try MS Edge on Windows 10? If it still doesn't work, do you have any strange firewall rules enabled on your router? Then try your tablet with mobile data or somebody elses wifi.

It is really essential that all scripts on pokerth.net are executed when creating an account or resetting the password.
Felix72

Hi, there,

I had the same problem and I tested with other browsers and it didn't work at the time. But then I changed PCs and everything worked again.
mariobrega71

premise

I apologize for my English, I'm trying to help with the translator

should I download the installation file using edge on win10 and then reinstall the client using that file?

however, I don't have any firewall rules on the router, but having the possibility to try with 2 different mobile connections I will try with both

I have a suspicion, in the past I have used the client without problems with the same connection and the same operating system (16.04), obviously I had no problems even connecting to the portal, but I noticed that you have changed something in recent years given that yesterday when I I tried to log back into the portal but it was not possible, while it was possible to create a new account using the old username.

so could it be this? a sort of conflict for users who have recreated the account after some time using the username they had in the past?
boehmi

It doesn't matter how you download the client and the client is not needed at this stage yet. Your gaming account is not set up yet. You need to reset your password here app.php/user/forgot_password in order to do so.

You will then get an email with a link. This link you need to open in a browser without blocking our JavaScript and change the password there. After you reset the password, the pokerth client should work from any computer.
mariobrega71

ok now i understand, thanks, I'll try with 22.04 and firefox given your positive feedback